You are cordially invited to time-travel an entire decade back to 2006, for Brentwood Brewing Company’s 10th anniversary celebrations at the Flashback Beer Festival at Brentwood Brewery on Saturday 18th June 2016.
There’ll be at least 10 Brentwood Beers for you to try including some original recipe ales from the brewery’s early days, like Volcano 4.6% ABV and Big Brown Bear 4.8% ABV.
Best of all, pints will revert to 2006 prices for the day. For the Flashback Beer Festival only, beer will be £2 per pint.
“We’re thrilled to be marking 10 years in business this summer and hope the local community will join celebrations at our Flashback Beer Festival.
“It really will be a trip down memory lane, with some of our original recipe ales on offer, some new ones too and a chance to catch up with old friends,” said MD Roland Kannor.
Brentwood Brewery also promises to make a donation to local children’s charity, SNAP, based on sales from the day.
Brentwood Brewing Company started producing award-winning, traditional, craft ale on 4th July 2006. Brewing in a pal’s garage, two friends created their first beer, Summer Virgin 4.5% ABV, which went on to win Chelmsford Beer Festival’s Beer of the Festival in 2007. It is still a popular favourite with Brentwood Beer fans today, particularly in the summer.
In July 2006
- Brentwood Brewing Company brewed their debut beer Summer Virgin
- Hips Don’t Lie by Shakira was number one in the charts
- Johnny Depp was Captain Jack Sparrow in the film Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man’s Chest
- Grace and Jack were the most popular baby names of 2006
- Cask Marque mystery shoppers found more than half the beer in pubs they visited was not served at the recommended temperature of 11 – 13 degrees centigrade because of the surprisingly hot summer weather. In one pub in Dartford it was an undrinkable, bathwater temperature at 30 degrees centigrade.
Love Beer, Love Brentwood